Books I am currently reading

  • An Earth User's Guide to Permaculture - Rosemary Morrow
  • Autobiography of Jawahar Lal Nehru
  • Environmental Law Handbook
  • Plants of the Pacific Northwest - Pojar and Mackinnon

10 February 2008

pinprick

पिन प्रिच्क
This is a mid-life crisis
And befuddled am I
As to why it lands at such an early
Twenty three

A raven perched on the passenger seat of time
Sitting but moving like emotion
Of which many come to mind

Birthed and bewildered
Breathe, see, eat, heart beat
Feeling a fickle fascination
As it is hard to distinguish
One puree from the next

Disattatched from umbilical dependence

By five I'd experienced five cities
Anxious

Kissed my cousin at seven
Curious

Nearly drown at ten
Trepidation

I saw boobs at a punk rock show at fourteen
Filled with determination to start
A band of my own

I smoked marijuana
Out of my girlfriends tampon container
Drank my first beer
Lost my sweet cherry at sixteen
Ambitious?

Tried to choke myself to sleep at seventeen
Heartbroken
Lost
Exposed

I graduated high school
Became an adult

Had a cop pull a gun on my
Hallucination opened eyes
With complacence in my mind
Only a month later to find
What life really was
Abroad

But after running the gamut
Experimenting cities
Cultures
Psyches
Climbs
Caboose
Mountain passes
Herbs
Gods
And God too

I stare the future in the eyes

Perhaps routine is everyone's demise
Rolling in the splendor of taking back time
For tradition

When we have tried it all
We choose consistent bricks
To shatter our reflections
And keep them at our toes

A cheers to a life we might have chose
A pinprick's length in time
That this tailor could sew
Imagination Strewn quilts
That look like a throw
On the back of a couch
To hide it's blemishes

I choose red
Because beets bleed
But stay sweet

I could try my hand at molding laws
That keep us steadily
Devolving
Or a band of gypsies
To keep music
Revolving
The beat that bleeds
But stays sweet
On rhythm
And sharp on time

A tart drink with lime
Begging instead for wine
To make age feel well adorned
With an aromatic inhalation
Escalating one back to breathing
Huuuuuhhhhhh
In line

But my crisis remains

And I rectify my fears through love's inconsistencies
And life's multiplicities
And recipes for change
That will continue
Seeking solace
Inside of my bodily sanctuary
Through the next pinprick

No comments: